Infrastructure Technician - Public Services
The Infrastructure Technician is responsible for semi-skilled manual labor in support of the Infrastructure Division’s installation and maintenance operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor including the pouring/finishing of concrete, laying drainage pipe, cleaning debris from storm drain systems, painting of street markings, mowing, installation/maintenance of street signs, routine preventative maintenance of and cleaning of equipment and vehicles.
- Participates in the repair and maintenance of town streets.
- Performs manual labor such as shoveling dirt, gravel, hot asphalt, or cold mix.
- Installing silt fence, rip rap, sod, and other erosion control devices.
- Repairs storm drain pipe and storm drain structures.
- Operates small equipment such as a chain saw, line trimmer, vibrating tamp, jumping jack tamp, jack hammer, concrete vibrator, and concrete saw.
- Sets up and monitors pumps in response to minor flooding issues or ground water in construction site excavations.
- Deploys warning signs, cones, and barricades for work zones.
- Responds to severe weather events.
- Provides assistance to other Department divisions and other Town Departments as directed.
- Represents the Town and interacts with the public on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year prior work experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of building and construction techniques
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of Division equipment utilizing effective practices and techniques
- Knowledge of department safety practices and techniques
- Knowledge of various department tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a detailed and accurate manner
- Ability to complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and safely
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.91
- South Carolina, USA