Planner - PLAN - Planning & Land Use
The Planner performs duties involving planning and community enhancement; some of which may include projects highlighting the history, culture, and natural amenities of the Town along with special or grant projects. Duties may include being a staff representative to a board or commission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides staff assistance to senior staff and to boards or commissions.
- Reviews plans and submittals for Zoning Code and Land Development compliance.
- Assists citizens and business owners with zoning and land development questions.
- Tracks development projects for status and compliance with any mitigation or special conditions.
- Participates in or provides staffing for public outreach efforts and public information projects related to Planning.
- Participates in site visits on occasion as it relates to development or construction projects.
- Assists with special projects related to Planning.
- Reviews applications for thoroughness and completeness.
- Tracks development projects from initial submittal to completion.
- Assists private developers, engineers, architects, and contractors with the commercial design review process.
- Develops plans to improve coordination between departments and other agencies to streamline process.
- Develops ways to expedite approval process, design review, plan review, and certificate of occupancy.
- Serves as a staff representative to a board or commission whose main duty is commercial development or community enhancement.
- Works on special projects and grant projects that enhance the community.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Planning or City Planning or related field.
- Preferred candidate will have completed at least one relevant internship.
- Preferred experience with architecture, site review or landscape architecture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Geographic Information Systems, Adobe InDesign, and construction projects and processes;
- Skill in the use of public relations, customer service and organization;
- Ability to organize and direct the preparation of comprehensive research studies, analyze problems, prepare technical reports and formulate recommendations;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with architects, contractors, developers, owners, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.18
- South Carolina, USA