Firefighter - Fire
The Firefighter performs routine and specialized duties associated with emergency response, and public relations/education events to protect lives and property in the Town of Mount Pleasant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates at fire scenes including the laying of hose; ventilating buildings, raising ladders, firefighting, salvage, overhaul, administering first aid and rescuing persons at a fire or other emergency scenes.
- Participates in fire-related emergency situations including driving and operating fire apparatus, pumps, equipment, entry, suppression and rescue.
- Assists in maintaining equipment and apparatus in proper working condition.
- Conducts daily inspection of department’s firefighting equipment and apparatus and ensures that equipment and apparatus is in place and ready for use.
- Performs emergency medical care to ill or injured persons at emergency scenes.
- Participates in fire prevention and community service programs such as Operation S.A.F.E., smoke detector installations, and pre fire planning.
- Provides suppression to fires in neighboring communities when required.
- Participates in department training courses to learn firefighting theory and practice, first responder and CPR emergency medical care and the handling of hazardous materials and explosives.
- Performs emergency driving role including the driving of an ambulance when needed.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma and one (1) year of experience;
- Or equivalent combinations of education and experience;
- Out of state employees must obtain a valid South Carolina Driver’s License as required by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV);
- Current Emergency Medical Responder certification (or higher medical certification);
- Firefighter I (IFSAC or equivalent);
- Hazard Materials Operations training;
- Must successfully complete the annual medical physical .
- Must successfully complete the annual Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.77
- South Carolina, USA