Duty Officer - Police
The Duty Officer receives, routes, and processes a variety of calls from the public and administration; performs a variety of clerical and secretarial work in maintaining the department’s records as well as providing assistance to the public, vendors, attorneys and other professionals. Also completes incident reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers and forwards incoming telephone calls as appropriate and greets citizens in the lobby to provide information and answer routine questions; posts related information in accordance with department procedures; accepts monies from the public for reports and background checks.
- Processes reports in the department; collates, edits, and distributes reports, administrative and operational documents and related forms.
- Maintains the department’s files, automated data systems, and record holding systems.
- Works with the Town Prosecutor and Assistant Prosecutor in obtaining and distributing information.
- Assists the general public and distributes police records in accordance with state law and established policy and procedures.
- Expunges all records from the system that have been court ordered.
- Maintains all collision report data.
- Completes incident reports for non-violent crimes that have previously occurred.
- Completes NCIC entries, removals, inquires and confirmations. Provides criminal histories or driving histories as appropriate.
- Testifies in court proceedings when necessary.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school degree and two (2) years’ experience in an office setting;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Telecommunications certification required.
- NCIC, SLED and FBI certification within 6 months of appointment;
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.01
- South Carolina, USA