Accountant - Admin Services - Finance
The Accountant is responsible for assisting with the review of financial statements, reconciling general ledger accounts, recording receivables, State reporting, grant management, and FEMA processing. Assists with the external audit process and CAFR preparation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and manages grant and FEMA activities with departments to ensure reporting and requests of funds are timely.
- Functions as the finance representative for grant and FEMA administration.
- Prepares and maintains grant, FEMA, and other records.
- Assists departments in discovering grant opportunities.
- Prepares invoices and monitors accounts receivables for all departments.
- Prepares State, financial, and other census reports.
- Records receipts, disbursements, and journal entries.
- Assist with the review of financial statements and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Prepares monthly and/or annual closing entries.
- Assists with annual external audit process.
- Assists with the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Prepares the Statistical Section of the CAFR.
- Stays informed with changes in government reporting requirements.
- Recommends and assists with implementing improved processes and procedures.
- Assists with reading committee and council minutes for possible activity that may need to be recorded or reported.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or closely related field; and three (3) years of related work experience.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Accounting, Certified Government Finance Officer, or Certified Public Finance Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and of applicable financial or treasury provisions of the State of South Carolina;
- Knowledge of computer applications for accounting and financial management;
- Skill in the use of computers including demonstrated skill in use of business and financial software applications;
- Skill in the use of working with numbers and details;
- Skill in the use of analytics, problem solving, data processing, and communication;
- Ability to handle problems and emergencies effectively;
- Ability to maintain, manage, and organize records;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with Town officials and governmental representatives.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $48,145.50
- Max Hiring Rate $61,386.00
- South Carolina, USA