Recreation Marketing Coordinator - Recreation
The Recreation Marketing Coordinator establishes, coordinates and directs all marketing and public relations initiatives within and for the Recreation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, develops, coordinates and implements a proactive marketing and public relations strategy for the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department.
- Develops and coordinates the production of all marketing materials, including, but not limited to the 3 Department magazines, 4 Senior Center program brochures, flyers, handouts, and information sheets produced by the Department.
- Create and implement a content and growth strategy across all social media outlets, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others.
- Assist Recreation Staff in the daily updating of information on the department’s websites (www.mtpleasantrec.com, and www.mtpleasantrec.com/register).
- Communicate and collaborate with the Town’s Communication Office, Cultural Affairs & Tourism Office, and Business Development Office, to promote Recreation Department’s programs.
- Reviews all media related articles to insure that articles are in the appropriate format necessary for publishing.
- Submits monthly reports of the marketing/public relations efforts to the Recreation Director.
- Assists in developing program/customer service surveys, analyzing feedback and recommending appropriate actions resulting from the feedback received.
- Assists the Recreation Director/designee in the CAPRA accreditation process for the Department.
- Photographs and videotapes department events and maintains archives of photos, videos, newspapers, and magazine articles.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Prepares and submits award packages for department to various governing organizations.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Art, Multi-Media or Public Relations with three (3) years of related work experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- First Aid/ CPR, AED and Darkness To Light certifications/training are required within one year of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- South Carolina, USA