Executive Secretary - Fire
The Executive Secretary performs secretarial and administrative duties to assist the Fire Chief in the administration of the Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Types reports under the supervision of the Fire Chief and Deputy Chiefs. Reports include letters, memoranda, minutes, and other written correspondence.
- Takes dictation of minutes from meetings, transcribes and maintains files of same.
- Oversees maintenance of administrative records including physical data, correspondence and confidential files.
- Composes letters and other correspondence as necessary.
- Maintains files and compiles source materials and research data to prepare various records and reports for supervisor.
- Answers telephone and greets members of the visiting public providing assistance and information.
- Assists Fire Chief and Deputy Chiefs with special projects.
- Arranges appointments for the Fire Chief and other senior department staff as required.
- Orders office supplies and materials needed for daily operations of the department.
- Screens incoming telephone calls and incoming mail for the Fire Chief and responds to inquiries that, in the employee’s judgment, do not require the Fire Chief or Deputy Chiefs attention.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate degree and two (2) years’ experience in progressively responsible clerical and secretarial work;
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of Department practices and services provided;
- Skill in the use of personal computers including word processing, databases, internet and spreadsheet applications;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Ability to maintain, manage, and organize tasks and records in a detailed and effective manner;
- Ability to meet and deal appropriately with Town employees, officials and the public in a professional manner.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.44
- South Carolina, USA