The Fleet Manager performs professional and complex administrative tasks to ensure effective and efficient management of the Town’s Fleet. Work includes planning, directing, and coordinating the maintenance, repair, disposal and procurement of the Town Fleet.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, manages, and coordinates the activities of the Town’s Fleet division under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
- Performs long-term and short-term planning; establishes goals and objectives; implements new strategies and processes.
- Develops and maintains Fleet Operations Policies and Procedures and ensures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of Fleet management to include vehicle acquisition and disposal, maintenance and repair, shop operations, and customer service.
- Oversees and evaluates vehicle maintenance, servicing, and repair functions to identify needs and determine financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Develops and maintains vehicle and equipment replacement criteria. Reviews the Fleet to make recommendations for replacement based on developed criteria.
- Meets with department personnel to determine equipment and vehicle needs and writes the requirements into formal technical specifications.
- Plans and implements safety and training programs.
- Prepares a wide variety of periodic and special reports that can be used as criteria for management level decisions.
- Serves as the division’s primary Fleet point of contact, providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensures that maintenance work is performed properly, serving as the division’s quality control administrator.
- Administers the fleet management system and database; analyze usage and appropriate fleet size and make recommendations.
- Inspects and reviews damage estimates with Risk Management for Town vehicles and equipment and makes recommendations.
- Advises Town staff on fleet maintenance issues as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Automotive Technology, Fleet Management or related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience with at least two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $70,239.80
- South Carolina, USA