Human Resources Generalist - General Government - Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates various programs related to wellness, training program development/implementation/management; new hire orientation and onboarding, tuition reimbursement, employee benefits and leave.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Configures new benefit plans, rate changes, and maintain current plan and employee eligibility changes in HRIS.
- Audits payroll/personnel entry in the HRIS.
- Administers the Family Medical Leave program which includes dispersing packets, coordinating paperwork between employee/department/medical provider, sending approval or denial letter, tracking hours used relative to twelve-week allotment, tracking and requesting recertification when necessary, and tracking extensions when granted.
- Facilitates new hire orientation including, but not limited to, preparing and presenting orientation information as well as guiding employees through onboarding and benefits enrollment in HRIS.
- Answers inquiries about benefit programs and performs problem resolutions.
- Processes benefit changes due to life-qualifying events.
- Performs COBRA administration including tracking, sending COBRA notifications, and collecting premiums.
- Processes benefit vendor payments which includes auditing information, creating purchase orders, and tracking expenses for comparison to the annual budget.
- Manages the Wellbeing Program which includes facilitating monthly Employee Wellness Committee meetings, monthly Lunch & Learn sessions with speakers, gathering data to track metrics of success points and providing awards, creating and facilitating fitness initiatives, and ensuring budgetary compliance.
- Administers benefits exit interviews.
- Supports HR Director and team in achievement of Strategic Plan goals and data uploads.
- Coordinates employee development training program, obtaining speakers, ensuring timely communications, creation, distribution, and summary of surveys.
- Provides timely response to all requests made via walk-in and phone to the HR office. As much as possible, performs all duties in the absence of other HR personnel.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, with two (2) years related work experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Preferred Certification in Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-CP) or Professional Human Resources (PHR).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $42,432.00
- Max Hiring Rate $54,112.50
- South Carolina, USA