Grounds and Events Specialist - Public Services
The Grounds and Events Specialist is responsible for leading and managing the work of assigned skilled and unskilled employees engaged in cleaning and maintenance of public buildings, equipment, grounds, and recreation facilities as well as supporting Town special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads and manages assigned personnel in order to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plans for manpower, equipment, and material required to complete assigned tasks.
- Keeps the Supervisor abreast of all pertinent issues pertaining to employees, equipment, material, and facilities.
- Ensures assigned personnel follow safe work procedures and practices at all times; conducts employee safety training as required.
- Assigns work duties to assigned personnel for each project.
- Recommends employee disciplinary action when required and assists the Foreman in the completion of employee evaluations.
- Performs manual labor and operates departmental equipment as necessary.
- Inspects and maintains Town grounds
- Sets up and cleans up for Town events
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma
- Three (3) years prior work experience
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- CDL Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of athletic field maintenance and grounds/landscape maintenance
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of Division equipment utilizing effective practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of maintenance, repairing and landscaping techniques.
- Knowledge of department safety practices and techniques
- Knowledge of various department tools and equipment
- Ability to lead assigned personnel and manage assigned tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Ability to direct employees in the proper work techniques and safety procedures;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and safely
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a detailed and accurate manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.01
- South Carolina, USA