HVAC Service Manager
Come join the growing Tevis Family of Companies!
Modern Comfort Systems is growing in the Hershey/Harrisburg areas and is currently seeking experienced HVAC Service Manager to lead our team for our new central office in Grantville, PA. If you possess the skills and experience and want to be a part of a dynamic and growing team, please apply today!
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, On-Demand Pay, 401K/ Profit Sharing, PTO
Job Summary: The Heating/Air Conditioning Manager will oversee, plan, implement, and evaluate the maintenance, installation, and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and staff.
Salary: $55,000 to $70,000 plus opportunity for performance-based bonus, and company work vehicle and gas card
- Hires and trains departmental staff.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline/termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Leads a Team of Field Supervisors & Technicians to meet and exceed our customer expectations
- Inspects the condition of existing HVAC equipment; repairs or modifies as needed.
- Plans required maintenance, repairs, or modifications to HVAC or refrigeration equipment
- Analyzes work orders to identify & prioritize repairs & maintenance; evaluates systems to identify causes of problems.
- Determines parts, materials, and other related supplies necessary for repairs, maintenance, or modifications; orders or otherwise obtains needed supplies.
- Provides direction and assistance in the diagnosis and reporting of mechanical systems.
- Coordinates work among HVAC team and other trades, departments, project managers, or outside contractors.
- Monitors all work performed & assists as needed to complete complicated jobs or train staff on procedures.
- Ensures that installations & repairs are performed & completed in accordance with all federal, state, and local codes.
- Negotiates with outside vendors and obtains cost estimates for repairs, replacements, and installations
- Maintains records of preventive maintenance performed on all major mechanical equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and supervisory skills. Organized, with attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of HVAC tools, materials, operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to repair, install, inspect, diagnose, and maintain all parts of HVAC system.
- Understanding of safe mechanical practices and local, state, and federal codes and regulations applicable to HVAC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed for maintenance reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Technical Trade School and/ or College degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, with at least two years of experience in a supervisory capacity, required.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, crawl, reach, push, pull, and climb as needed to perform work.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and, occasionally, up to 100 pounds.
- Will be exposed to a variety of smells, temperatures, noises, chemicals, and moving mechanical parts associated with HVAC systems, construction, and/or renovation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Gates Rd, Hershey, PA 17033, USA