Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth. St. Ann’s Community has built a reputation for providing Rochester’s most exceptional care for seniors. If you have a heart for doing the same, we'd like to learn more about you. We offer a wide range of positions at our three campus settings in Irondequoit, Webster and LeRoy. We reward hard-working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED; experience in security or criminal justice preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be licensed under the NYS Security Guard Act as a security guard. Must possess a valid New York State driver license.
- Reliable, dependable and punctual in use of work time.
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation in professional working relationships.
- Complies with applicable organizational policies and procedures (ie: mandatory education, health requirement, HR requirements).
- Demonstrates a commitment of quality through participation on improvement teams & identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Consistently delivers high quality service being responsive to customer needs.
- Makes scheduled electronic security patrol tours throughout the complex and programs and downloads information from security patrol program to include affixing station locations and changing schedules.
- Observes any safety hazards or problems and reports these situations promptly, ensuring that appropriate follow-up occurs. Responds immediately when called for assistance, and attempts to resolve situations using proper policies and procedures of St. Ann’s and the Security Department.
- Always acts within the laws, codes, rules, or regulations of New York State & other governing agencies.
- Fills out all required reports and forms for each tour of duty. Informs the relief Officer of any pertinent events, information and/or actions.
- Assists with reports, training, surveys, inspections, investigations and the like.
- Assists in coordinating emergency responses.
- Regulates and controls parking situations, including daily activity and special events and issues notices when vehicles are in violation of prescribed regulations governing such.
- Relieves the Switchboard Operator or Receptionist as determined.
- Familiarizes and learns operation of all pertinent equipment such as CCTV cameras, ID systems, alarm panels, fire equipment and elevator operations among others.
- Responsible for knowledge of the facility layout.
- Reports for duty with a neat, professional appearance and in proper uniform.
- Contacts Supervisor/Team Leader/Coordinator/Senior Officer for situations that warrant such action.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School