Hospice Care LPN - Leo Center for Caring
1500 Portland Ave, Rochester, NY 14621, USA
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth. St. Ann’s Community has built a reputation for providing Rochester’s most exceptional care for seniors. If you have a heart for doing the same, we'd like to learn more about you. We offer a wide range of positions at our three campus settings in Irondequoit, Webster and LeRoy. We reward hard-working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
St. Ann’s Community has built a reputation for providing Rochester’s most exceptional care for seniors. If you have a heart for doing the same, we'd like to learn more about you.
We offer a wide range of positions at our three campus settings in Irondequoit, Webster and LeRoy. We reward hard-working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
Why work for St. Ann's?
We offer straight flexible scheduling, free parking, higher payrates, on-call pay, LPN to RN career ladder, and much more!
Our Palliative Care Team provides supportive care for patients with advanced illnesses and considers the emotional, social, and spiritual needs of both our patients and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with the development of care plans for each resident assigned to the team.
- Assists residents with ADLs and encourages appropriate self care.
- Assists with rehabilitation of residents according to the care plan.
- Observes, records, and reports Residents' general physical and mental condition, as well as signs and symptoms indicative of change.
- Assumes responsibility for completion of RCR as needed
- Serves as team leader as assigned and conducts team conferences.
- Updates and distributes CNA assignments
- Assists with diagnostic procedures as assigned.
- Admits and discharges Residents.
- Assists Residents and families in adjustment to their admission experience.
- Monitors for completion of I&O sheets, Restorative Care sheets, Communication Board, Mealboards, Nourishment sheets and Resident Sign-out Book.
- Performs basic therapeutic procedures and treatments.
- Inventories narcotics and hypnotics as assigned, maintains floor stock.
- May be assigned responsibilities as charge nurse, under supervision, on unit.
- Reports abuse/neglect to Nurse Manager/Supervisor and assists in investigating allegations.
- Assists with medical rounds as needed.
- Supervises team members ensure care is provided according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with inservices on the unit.
- May be a member of a specialized committee or Team.
- Addresses disciplinary issues as indicated.
- Performs formal monitors of specific aspects of care for quality improvement purposes and participate in correcting improvement opportunities.
- Maintains confidentiality of medical record and patient care information.
- Attends mandatory in services and is encouraged to attend those applicable to position.
- Maintains 14 hours of continuing education annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Management staff.
- Reliable, dependable and punctual in use of work time.
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation in professional working relationships.
- Complies with applicable organizational policies and procedures i.e.: mandatory education, health requirement, Human Resource requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment of quality through participation on improvement teams and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Works to improve performance relative to the system’s organizational goals.
- Consistently delivers high quality service being responsive to customer needs.
- Successful completion of Practical Nursing program; High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience.
- Must have current and valid NYS professional license as well as current and valid BLS for the healthcare provider Certification.
- Ideally, 1+ years of experience working in Hospice Care
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.