Nursing Floor 4 - Nursing Care Coordinator
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth. St. Ann’s Community has built a reputation for providing Rochester’s most exceptional care for seniors. If you have a heart for doing the same, we'd like to learn more about you. We offer a wide range of positions at our three campus settings in Irondequoit, Webster and LeRoy. We reward hard-working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
As a Clinical Coordinator in the St. Ann’s Nursing Department, your have responsibility in ensuring excellent Resident care is provided on his/her households. A Clinical Coordinator ensures regulatory compliance and nurtures a person centered culture. This individual also assists Nursing Administration with departmental leadership through the deployment of St. Ann's Mission, Vision and Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position (signified by an asterisk). However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Participates in the household team by providing clinical expertise.
· Facilitates the ongoing development of Resident specific care plans. Regularly communicates to all team members any changes in these care plans.
· Ensures professional standards of nursing care.
· Institutes best practices and optimal quality of care within the household setting are met.
· Coordinates daily assignments assuring care is provided according to established policy and procedure.
· Oversees maintenance of Resident’s clinical records, reflecting current status and maintains confidentiality of all Resident care information.
· May accompany Physician/Nurse Practitioner on rounds and keeps staff informed of orders concerning Residents as assigned.
· Collaborates with and develops Residents care plan with the IDT team.
· Reviews nursing documentation for accuracy and completeness re: Resident care and response to care as necessary, utilizes nursing process to ensure best outcomes.
· Assists with diagnostic procedures as assigned.
· Transcribes medical orders.
· Admits and discharges Residents in collaboration with nurse leaders.
· Completes Resident and family rounding, while practicing effective communication and follow-up.
· Completes incident reports and investigates concerns with notification to Nurse Leaders.
· Conducts nursing assessments, collection of relevant information to serve as the basis of a nursing diagnosis, including (but not limited to): nutrition, elimination, hydration, skin integrity, respiratory and cardiac functions, mobility, cognition, and pain.
· Communicates with Medical staff and family regarding significant change in status.
· Promotes self-determination of residents in their right to choose activities, schedules, and health care consistent with his or her interest, assessments and plan of care
· Care Planning: Focuses on the resident as the locus of control and support the resident and/or resident representative in making their own choices and having control over their daily lives.
· Creates community through elimination of institutional barriers, enhancing relationships in the household through shared activities of living.
· Continually seeks opportunities to support the social needs of all members of the household through support, friendship and kindness.
· Demonstrates a desire to honor Residents’ individual preferences and individuality.
· Team builder – able to facilitate a sense of team connection and participation in meeting the needs of the Residents, family members and staff through person centered care.
· Conflict resolution – able to mediate conflicts as needed.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Support in meeting the educational needs of Residents, staff and family members through coaching, modeling and mentoring.
· Assists with dining.
· Supports the St. Ann’s Community focus on mission, vision, values and organizational goals.
· Collaborates with the nurse manager to assure that the clinical operations in the household are in compliance with federal, state and St. Ann’s Community Policies and Procedures while honoring person-centered care. All documentation must be up to date and accurate through effective quality improvement efforts.
· Uses findings from the Resident satisfaction survey with input from the staff to establish customer service improvement plans.
· Participates in the overall development of staff members in collaboration with Nurse Manager/CNO/ADON and Staff Development.
· Participates in orientation.
· Provides feedback about continuous performance, ensuring high standards of care.
· Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Nurse Manager/CNO/ADON.
· Participates in monthly staff meeting.
· Attends and participates in continuing education and mandatory programs encouraging nursing staff attendance.
· Provides an environment and resources that enable staff to participate actively in setting goals, defining programs, and evaluating outcomes for Residents.
· Participates in hiring, performance evaluation and corrective action.
· Remains current regarding the standards of care established by professions and organizations, regulatory agencies.
· Acts on behalf of the Nurse Manager in his/her absence.
· Responsible for Resident care and neighborhood functions 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
· On call responsibilities for off-shifts, weekends and holidays.
· Able to provide clear directions and elicit trust and cooperation from staff.
· Leadership skills – able to provide a clear vision and expectations as well as providing clear, effective feedback.
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively with the team.
· RN required (depending on organizational needs); three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· CPR Certification is required within one (1) month of hire and is required to be maintained.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree