Houston, TX 77058, USA Req #86
Friday, March 12, 2021
The mission of Space Center Houston is to inspire all generations through the wonders of space exploration. Our vision is to be the world’s leading science and space exploration learning center. Owned and operated by the nonprofit Manned Space Flight Education Foundation, we are the Official Visitor Center of NASA Johnson Space Center. The center features more than 400 space artifacts, hands-on interactive educational exhibits, and robust youth programs interpreting the exciting future and remarkable past of America’s human spaceflight program.
We are currently seeking a full time Security Officer. Responsibilities and qualifications are shown below:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Assume “lead role” in proper execution of all emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Monitor and respond to the Security and Protection Systems.
- Ensure access control and proper compliance of established badging procedures for employees and visitors/vendors.
- Accurately maintain daily logs and emergency reports.
- Maintain radio, pager and limited key control.
- Responsible for safe-keeping of valuable Government artifacts and Space Center Houston property and supporting access needs for JSC personnel.
- Participation in regularly scheduled tests and verification of Fire and Security Systems.
- Work in concert with Johnson Space Center Security and local emergency services representatives.
- Constantly interacting with the guests in the area, greeting them with a pleasant attitude and smiling face, while being vigilant to potential safety risks.
- Maintain the control area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Cooperate with fellow employees, assisting them with the common duties and responsibilities of the position to ensure an efficient operation.
- Must have or obtain a valid Texas driver's license and be able to maintain non-commission license through the Texas Department of Public Safety/Private Security Board.
- Two years of recent Security experience is strongly preferred.
- Emergency and fire training a plus.
- AED/CPR/Basic First Aid certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an environment of multiple computer systems (both Security and Fire).
- High comfort level in working with computers.
- The ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility.
- Experience in a dispatcher-type position preferred.
- The ability to communicate well yet maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the maturity to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player.
- Must clear background security check and/or drug tests at company discretion.
- Be physically capable of standing/walking for several hours, running on all types of surfaces and terrain (including stairs, rough and uneven ground, or areas presenting obstacles such as ditches or fences).
- Occasionally lifting of 50-100 pounds or over 100 pounds in moving victims or the disabled in emergency situations.
Space Center Houston is an equal opportunity employer. It has a diverse and inclusive work culture with a creative, fun and collaborative environment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.50
- Houston, TX 77058, USA