Sr. Accounting Analyst
The Sr. Accounting Analyst will report to the Controller and be a key part of a team responsible for the successful completion of the month end close process from beginning to completion. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with many departments across the company including HR, IT, Claims and Operations regarding financial performance and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in monthly P&L reporting and analysis to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements at month end.
- Perform the appropriate research and be able to suggest the appropriate course of action following GAAP guidelines.
- Prepare journal entries to record revenue and AR for Risk and ASC contracts, IBNR medical reserves, prepaids, accruals, cash, equity transactions, and other entries as needed. Prepare journal entries with accuracy and attention to detail that includes the correct department, customer, and location.
- Complete account reconciliations accurately and timely, including IBNR medical reserves rollforwards.
- Participate in month end close meetings with the actuarial team. Understand the reserve models and date of service triangles as provided by the actuarial team and properly apply the information to a financial transaction.
- Perform treasury functions such as initiating wire and ACH transactions, reconciling bank accounts, and preparing weekly cash forecasts.
- Analyze historical data for trends and unusual variances; comparing results to estimate and budget. Demonstrate understanding of key drivers.
- Approach work in a thoughtful manner to complete work accurately, efficiently, and identify and implement process improvements.
- Create thorough process documentation of procedures performed.
- Possess a strong understanding of internal controls.
- Support the annual audit by preparing PBC requests and communicating with auditors in a professional manner.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as requested to help management make informed decisions regarding the short- and long-term objectives of the business.
- Prepare financial statements and assist with the preparation of board presentation decks. Build additional financial reporting that provides an extra level of transparency for leadership.
- Develop financial models and other analytical tools to help address new business opportunities and needs.
- Research accounting guidance and interpret and apply the guidance as needed.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements, as required.
- Compliance with HIPAA.
- Team player with the ability to perform analytical work independently and to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to quickly gain thorough understanding of the business, including medical claims and membership data from Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare organizations, and managed care metrics (PMPM, Utilization /K and Average Cost).
- Ability to reason, convince and influence internal stakeholders in order to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytical, methodical, curious approach to financial analysis.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all company and organizational policies including ethical business practices and time records.
- Communicates and demonstrates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough expertise using Excel, Pivot Tables, and vlookups.
- Experience with month-end close.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- An understanding of corporate finances including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing and across varied audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency when needed.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BA Degree in Finance, accounting, or business.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Public Accounting experience, Big 4 preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Pay Type Salary
- Brentwood, TN, USA