SR. SQL Developer
The Senior SQL Database Developer will be required to identify business requirements, develop data models, perform data analysis, write advanced SQL queries, design and code complex stored procedures, and performance tune existing database processes.
- Performance tuning \ profiling.
- Perform code reviews.
- Create stored procedures and SSIS packages to support project requests.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Advanced understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, and reading query execution plans.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call responsibilities and off-hours maintenance windows to accomplish upgrades, problem resolution or other maintenance window activities.
- Participate in disaster recovery and audit activities.
- Support development, test, and production SQL server databases.
- Install, manage, administer and configure SQL server databases and services.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Review the designs, code, and test plans of other engineers and developers.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Accepts additional assignments willingly.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Follows all company policies related to time records.
- Completes in-services in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends at staff meetings as scheduled and reads all staff meeting minutes and other written documents as requested.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates and demonstrates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required.
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams.
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
- Possesses the cultural attributes of the organization and understands how to work in a small fast paced environment.
- Demonstrable Software Development experience.
- Understanding of Azure Web Services a plus.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design.
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
- Ability to sit for long periods and read monitors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent job experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in developing and administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 solutions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Brentwood, TN, USA