Sr. Data Quality Engineer
This role is responsible for defining, maintaining, and implementing the principles and processes to create, and evolve all tenets of data quality. This includes understanding and documenting business rules and requirements then transforming them into a data quality construct by data subject area. Tasks include, but not limited to defining completeness, accuracy and consistency specifications by data element, writing scripts and developing tools to monitor quality at the source, developing impact analysis, building data lineage to downstream reporting and analytics products, building interrupt driven real-time feed in ETL framework, defining and implementing control charts for key data quality measures and producing interactive data quality dashboards. In addition, the responsibilities also include introducing and implementing the culture of active data stewardship with business partners which includes leading a cross functional effort to ensure all processes impacting in scope data are documented and data issues reported to the same group for resolution. Sr. Data Quality Engineer will also work with business domain owners to operationalize data quality dashboards to help track and remediate data quality issues.
This candidate must have extensive experience in statistical data analysis, exceptionally strong SQL skills and the ability to create data quality reports in SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Tableau and/or other SQL and visual data representation tools. The ideal candidate is creative, self-sufficient and resourceful. The candidate must be able to assess existing data model at all grains and at unit level for all tenets of data quality and propose processes and methods to incrementally and continuously enhance quality. They must have the ability to quickly learn both the technology and business concepts, and experience in working with both business and IT teams
- Able to perform complex data analysis and assess completeness, consistency and accuracy of all structured and unstructured data.
- Design and develop real-time processing solutions, and transformation frameworks, leveraging all available tools including open-source tools.
- Design and develop solutions for metadata management, data quality, data mastering, data management, and data steward activities
- Propose improvements in architecture, team processes, and functions to directly impact data quality.
- Master the role of metadata in capturing data lineage and supporting data quality. Build metadata administration and maintenance routines.
- Ability to work with and communicate technical information to multiple levels of technical and non-technical staff including data engineers, operators and clinicians
- Review and analyze complex data systems and help translate it into meaningful and relevant end user use cases
- Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and pattern/code reviews.
- Provide other data analysis related to utilization management, claims adjudication, and other data as required by management. Build sustainable self-serving reporting products.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee, company and/or patient information at all times.
- Reports to work on time and from breaks as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Follows all company policies related to time records and time off policies.
- Attends annual review, as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled and reads all staff meeting minutes and other written documents as requested.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates and demonstrates the mission, ethics and goals of the Company, as well as the department.
- Advanced understanding of Relational and Dimensional data structures and use
- Experience using cloud-based database platforms required
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of data structures and resolve problems
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings
- Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience with Agile development (SAFE or other)
- Advanced Excel skills – create pivot tables, v-lookups, and spreadsheets with formulas
- Advanced SQL programming/coding required
- 5+ years’ experience using Microsoft Azure stack, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio solutions and reporting preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a data quality role with evidence of managing projects using TDQM techniques
- 3+ years’ experience using Tableau
- 3+ years’ experience assessing and/or creating ETL tools targeting a relational database engine or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Demonstrated effort of engaging cross functional stakeholders at various levels on the communication to change/drive data quality culture
- Demonstrated effort of engaging cross functional stakeholders at various levels on the communication to change/drive improvement in data quality
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working in a high growth/results-oriented environment
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Brentwood, TN, USA