Sammons Indoor Pool - Lifeguard
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
The lifeguard plays a vital role in ensuring our pools are safe for our citizens. Lifeguards observe swimmers, inspect equipment, and assist with the opening and closing of the pool. Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor pool area during guard rotations while guards are entering and exiting the chair
- Enforce all pool rules and regulations
- Rescues, resuscitates and gives first aid or CPR to drowning and/or injured patrons and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary
- Assists in front desk operation delivering great customer service both in person and via telephone
- Accepts and receives payments
- Performs basic maintenance procedures to assure public safety
- Maintains and cleans pools, decking, floors, walls, and sinks
- Works with administrative staff in assisting with programming of aquatic events
- Uses RecTrac for daily attendance and financial operations
- Attends State mandated weekly training to review lifeguard skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of water safety practices and usage of water safety equipment.
- Must pass swimming skills test
- Experience as a Lifeguard
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess a current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $10.31
- Temple, TX, USA