Program Manager, Product Management, Professional
This role will accomplish strategic objectives by leading multiple projects and initiatives. Responsibility for projects includes the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, controls and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. Responsible for the gathering and articulation of business requirements. Evaluates all business processes and assists in developing and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency. Maintain detailed documentation as it relates to projects and departmental initiatives. Assists in forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
Ideal candidate will have genuine curiosity and spirit. They will have a passion for continuous improvement and great judgement when balancing short term vs long term impact. They have exceptional interpersonal skills which they use to establish stakeholder relationships built on trust. They know how to translate data and complex analyses into simple yet powerful stories. The position must be committed to being innovative, disruptive, and focused on delivering for customers. The person must fundamentally embrace our core values Doing the Right Thing, Being Humble, and Being Curious in the delivery of this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of approved projects and initiatives, as well as monitoring and performance, for the Product Strategy and Development team.
- Leads multiple projects and initiatives. Responsibility for projects includes the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, controls and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
- Monitors initiative planning to ensure it tracks on schedule – incorporate new initiatives into planning and ensures appropriate market positioning.
- Establishes, maintains and facilitates cooperative working relationships among all cross-functional groups, including Executive Leadership.
- Reports to senior management on performance of assigned portfolio.
- Assists in forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed documentation as it relates to projects and departmental initiatives.
- Works closely with management to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Evaluates all business processes and assists in developing and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Responsible for the gathering and articulation of business requirements as it relates to the success of the products.
- Achieves objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- This role is MVP’s primary SME during all aspects of vetting, identifying, and ultimately negotiating with Vendor partners.
- Manages current external vendor relationships; serves as bridge between external partners and internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide analytic and communications support to Executive Leadership for key internal and external presentations.
- Translate data and complex analyses into simple yet powerful stories
- Provides input and support to Sales, Sales Training, Product Marketing, and Product teams to ensure that sales strategy, brand direction and product/program positioning are aligned.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on products assigned, including thorough analysis of all aspects of product performance, design, competitive position, and regulatory compliance.
- Minimal travel between MVP offices, including overnight travel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree preferred. Project management certifications preferred.
Seven years of professional experience in a multi-disciplined setting, either in health care, marketing, retail, or other consumer-focused business.
Prior Product Management or Product Development experience preferred.
Prior experience with leading/facilitating cross-functional teams.
Experience with or exposure to Lean and Agile/Scrum; Jobs to Be Done, Outcome Based Innovation, and Design Thinking experience preferred.
Analytics/data-driven background strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience facilitating vendor evaluation and build vs. buy decisions
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with data, including interpreting results, creating reports, and presenting information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing concise, well-organized written materials to communicate concepts effectively
- Excellent computer and software skills including but not limited to: MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for application in dealing with all constituents – co-workers, vendors, and Executive staff.
- A team player able to work well in an energetic, dynamic and deadline oriented environment.
- Self-directed and detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and solid judgment and confidence.
- Previous experience required in situations demanding strict adherence to confidentiality.#LI-AD1
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America
- Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America