Motivate is looking for a Benefits Analyst to play an essential role in assisting Motivate employees with administering benefits. They will responsible for the administration of all benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA’s, HSA, Life Insurance, ACA, 401K, and Commuter. They will also be engaged in reviewing and approving all qualifying life events and etcetera. This position will be reporting to the Senior Analyst of Benefits.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike-share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 cities across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., and will serve over 1.5 million riders this year alone. Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries and creative leaders, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love. We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative, and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
About the Role
- Responsible for the administration of all benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA’s, HSA, Life Insurance, ACA, 401K, and Commuter
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all qualifying life events, National Medical Support Orders, and Cobra in a timely and compliant manner.
- Responsible for reviewing/reconciling/auditing all monthly/quarterly benefits invoices to ensure accurate payments.
- Reconcile health benefits every pay-period and collaborate with Payroll and Finance teams to resolve any issues.
- Works with providers and third-party administrators to provide support to our internal ticketing system and resolve benefit related issues/inquiries promptly.
- Assist with streamlining/administering/processing employee leave of absence requests
- Assist with special projects and other activities as needed.
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in benefits
- You love iterating on things and making them better. You’re always trying to solve the next problem before it happens
- You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment
- You don’t take things too seriously and know how to laugh at yourself
- You are resourceful. You think creatively in difficult situations and are always looking for innovative ways to solve problems
- You are comfortable using Excel and know basic excel functions
- You have incredible attention to detail. You are consistently thorough when completing tasks and continuously monitor work, timelines, and resources efficiently
- Your organizational skills are next level; you follow a course of action and timetable for goals and projects and meet pre-determined deadlines
- You have Advanced Excel skills (CountIfs, SumIfs, Pivot Tables)
- Experience supporting a company with location(s) in California
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce
- Experience delivering presentations to employees.
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate's mission. Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].
- Pay Type Salary
- New York, NY, USA