About Motivate Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
Facilities Specialist Are you looking to join a fast paced and rapidly expanding service operations company? Do you thrive in an agile startup environment? Motivate is looking for a detail oriented and ambitious Facilities Specialist to join the NY Facilities team. The Facilities team oversees facilities renovation and maintenance across our sites throughout the NY metro area while also being the champion for occupational safety for employees. This hard working team is led by the Facilities Manager who spearheads facilities projects and safety initiatives to maintain a level of safety and cleanliness at our facilities. Your main focus will be to assist the facilities team by providing cleaning and maintenance services, helping to complete minor repairs or installations, and troubleshooting site problems related to carpentry, minor plumbing, painting and wall repairs. This is an incredible opportunity to learn and grow professionally while making a real impact in a large and growing company.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Complete daily cleaning tasks assigned at some of our NY/NJ sites.
• Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
• Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
• Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects as needed
• Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
• Make adjustments and minor repairs
• Stock and maintain supply rooms
• Cooperate with the rest of the staff always with a pleasant attitude
• Follow all health and safety regulations
Repairs and Preventative Maintenance:
• Successfully respond and resolve ticket requests when assigned ensuring ticket closures are timely each week.
• Work with the Facilities Manager to identify repair needs and identify solutions that are cost-effective and practical.
• Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly site inspections as either preventative maintenance tasks or safety inspections as required.
• Assist facilities maintenance team with daily and/or weekly disinfection at key sites as directed.
○ Complete the weekly disinfection checklist via iAuditor upon completion at each site.
• Assist facilities team with site start ups and site shut downs as needed including:
○ Deep cleanings prior to launch date
○ Miscellaneous organizing, painting, rubbish removal
○ Provide backup support to the Facilities Manager to help ensure repairs or tasks are otherwise completed on time, on budget.
• Resourcefulness: The ability to act effectively or imaginatively, especially in difficult situations. Being resourceful is all about finding innovative ways to overcome obstacles or solve problems. It can also relate to finding ways to deal with unforeseen or challenging situations using the resources that you have available. It is figuring out how to get over, around, or through barriers to success, and then doing it.
• Deliver consistent results: Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and work effectively with little direction. In short, they are dependable and responsible.
• Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
• Strong Interpersonal Communication: Competent at making relationships work, listen effectively and develop rapport with others. They are able to articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly, present information in a straightforward and logical way, and they ensure that they are understood. They are also very good at sharing information with others in order to improve overall work progress.
• Planning & Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Manages one’s time to meet all project and assignment deadlines.
Required Experience and Licenses/Certifications
• You have experience as a handyman or have worked in a trade, and are comfortable working with hand tools.
• Must be a self-starter; you need to have initiative and take pride in your work.
• You must be punctual and have a clean driving record.
• Computer proficient.
• A construction background or holds a trade license.
• Experience in a supervisory position.
• Microsoft Excel knowledge is a plus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- New York, NY, USA