Station Technician II
Motivate is looking to hire an enthusiastic and dependable Tier 2 Station Technician to join the Station Operations team. You will help maintain all station terminals, cassettes (or bicycle docking points), solar arrays and components of the stations. Traveling around the system you will check stations based on a schedule or instruction from management and provide spot maintenance and technical assistance to ensure proper operation of the bike share system. Tier 2 Station Technician will report to the Station Technician Operations Manager.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love. We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
About the Role
- Complete maintenance in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to requests from your manager(s)
- Help maintain an OSHA compliant workplace.
- Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
- Keep a positive relationship with all co-workers.
- Operate a motor vehicle alone throughout an urban environment.
- Respond to work tickets along a designated route.
- Troubleshoot issues with CitiBike station docks and kiosks.
- Replace broken equipment and assist with removal of down equipment.
- Respond to incidents resulting in damage to equipment; escalate to immediate managers as needed.
- You have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- You are comfortable driving and working in busy outdoor urban environments.
- You have a working knowledge of New York City's geography/street layout.
- Experience in a technical and/or electrical role and knowledge of CitiBike station equipment.
- Proficient with Gmail, Smartphone and Tablet operation.
- Must be able to distinguish colors due the nature of our electronic wires and components.
- You are dependable. You are rarely late and can follow an assigned schedule.
- You can easily follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- You have a flexible schedule and can work 10 hour shifts as needed
- You are able to lift up to 60 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
- You have great customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- New York, NY, USA