Motivate International, parent company of NYC's Citi Bike, is the global bike share leader and a partner to governments and nonprofits in some of the largest cities in the world. We have unparalleled expertise in building and operating large, complex bike share systems.
Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries, creative leaders and technology innovators, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We create safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We also bring this ethos to the workplace. We encourage and value diversity, creativity, open communication, and a shared sense of responsibility all while having fun.
About Citi Bike
Bicycle sharing is a convenient, flexible, healthy and fun transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Citi Bike, headquartered in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, is the nation’s largest bike share system. Citi Bike operates every aspect of the program, from repairing and rebalancing bikes, to maintaining the stations and docking points, to marketing the program and educating people about bike share. Citi Bike is in the midst of expansion and plans to grow from the original 6,000 bikes in 2014 to a total of 12,000 bikes by the end of 2017.
The Driver-Balancer will be responsible for operating a vehicle for the purposes of relocating bikes throughout the system. To that end, the Driver-Balancer will load and unload the vehicle with bikes, and dock/undock bikes at every station stop. Additionally, the Driver-Balancer will be responsible for safe operation of vehicles and for basic ongoing maintenance, including reporting vehicle issues promptly to management. The Driver-Balancer will work under the guidance and supervision of the Assistant Manager of Motorized Redistribution Operations, Assistant Manager of Overnight Operations, and the Motorized Field Managers. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Key Aspects of Position:
• Follow safe work practices and help to create a safe working environment
• Operate a vehicle for the purpose of moving bikes around the system
• Load/unload vehicles with bikes. Dock/undock bikes at stations.
• Reboot stations, replace station batteries as necessary
• Respond to station emergencies such as accidents for the purpose of cleaning up debris and delivering/replacing station components
• Communicate with dispatch using provided phone/radio/GPS unit interface
• Perform minor vehicle maintenance such as replacing bulbs and fluids
• Clean vehicles
• Perform pre/post trip inspections for every vehicle trip and fill out associated paperwork
• Report vehicle issues/problems to management and dispatch
• Clean vehicles of litter and debris after every shift
• Adopt new procedures in a timely fashion and seek out help/guidance from management if necessary
• Take direction from dispatch
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
• Knowledge of New York City area geography and street layout
• Willingness and ability to work off hours and/or weekends
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time
• Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others' ideas and willingness to try new things
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Some mechanical repair experience
• CDL license
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate’s Mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Motivate is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Motivate is a drug-free workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brooklyn, NY, USA