Station Tech (Seasonal)
About Capital Bike Share
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Capital Bikeshare currently operates with over 500 stations and 4500 bikes in Washington, DC, the City of Alexandria, VA, Arlington County, VA, Fairfax County, VA, Montgomery County, MD and Prince George’s County, MD, with system expansion planned in all jurisdictions.
Through contracts with the Washington DC Department of Transportation (DDOT), the City of Alexandria, VA, Arlington County, VA, Fairfax County, VA, Montgomery County, MD, and Prince George’s County, MD, Motivate International, Inc. is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Capital Bikeshare, including but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Identify, investigate, and address technical problems in conjunction with Station Technician Supervisor
- Maintain thorough technical knowledge of the Capital Bikeshare system technology
- Inspect and evaluate bike share stations for safety, function, and cleanliness
- Perform routine station maintenance, and repairs as necessary
- Identify, report, and resolve, if possible, all station malfunctions and/or problems
- Use communication and computer technology effectively to record all maintenance/repair activity
- Assist with station assembly and installation as necessary/assigned
- Interact with customers and potential customers in public - represents Capital Bikeshare and Motivate responsibly and effectively
- Receive training in all aspects of Capital Bikeshare operations, to include:
- Station technology (hardware and software), maintenance and repair
- Bicycle maintenance and repair
- Basic customer service and public relations.
- Weekday and weekend shifts required with tasks to generally consist of:
- Monitor system status on regular basis; identify and report all station-related problems.
- Respond to and resolve all reported station-related problems.
- Other station maintenance/troubleshooting as needed; Generally determined in advance with Station Technician Supervisor
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Comfortable in a fast paced, warehouse/shop environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; ability to stoop, bend, and stand for long periods
- Willingness and ability to work off hours and/or weekends
- Adaptability to a changing work environment, managing competing demands and ability to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Intimate knowledge of the Washington DC metro area
- Experience with hand, air and power tools
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing a must
Preferred Skills and
- Pay Type Hourly
- Washington, DC, USA