About Capital Bike Share
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Capital Bikeshare currently operates with over 500 stations and 4500 bikes in Washington, DC, the City of Alexandria, VA, Arlington County, VA, Fairfax County, VA, Montgomery County, MD and Prince George’s County, MD, with system expansion planned in all jurisdictions.
Through contracts with the Washington DC Department of Transportation (DDOT), the City of Alexandria, VA, Arlington County, VA, Fairfax County, VA, Montgomery County, MD, and Prince George’s County, MD, Motivate International, Inc. is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Capital Bikeshare, including but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Bike Mechanics assists with all aspects of bicycle assembly, maintenance, and repair. Training on technical and unique aspects of the Capital Bike Share system’s bikes will be provided. You’ll be a part of a team that focuses on a bicycle transportation system with an emphasis on building strong client and sponsor relationships while exceeding the highest standards for service. This position reports to the Bike Mechanic Supervisor.
Key Aspects of Position:
● Complete repairs in a professional and timely manner.
● Reliably report for work as assigned.
● Respond to requests from your manager(s).
● Assist in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace.
● Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
● Perform in-field bike checking as necessary.
● Work under the guidance of the Bike Mechanic Supervisor.
● Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
● Two years of mechanical experience is preferable and bicycle assembly, maintenance, and repair experience desirable.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
● Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
● Passion for bikes, efficiency, and sustainability.
● Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
● Proven technical and mechanical aptitude and innovation.
● Ability to work various shifts, as assigned.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Washington, DC, USA