Universal Banker- Lemay
About Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis' largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
- St. Louis is our home
- Your Success is our goal
- We build community one relationship at a time
Why a Universal Banker with Midwest BankCentre?
Do you enjoy helping people and cultivating relationships? Are you detail oriented and a self-starter? Do you enjoy being part of a strong team? If so, the Universal Banker role could be right for you.
As a Universal Banker with Midwest BankCentre, you will have the opportunity to interact with customers in person and by phone. You will be in charge of creating an excellent customer experience with each person you encounter. Universal Bankers will become experts on the various products and services Midwest BankCentre has to offer. As you build relationships with new and existing customers, you will uncover needs and make recommendations to increase customer satisfaction with the bank. As one of the most visible ambassadors of the bank, our Universal Bankers must be professional in demeanor and dress, responsive and reliable, and bring a positive attitude to their team.
Universal Bankers must be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Remain flexible to accommodate branch staffing needs
- Work independently and manage their time
- Follow policies and procedures, maintain accuracy
- Follow through on daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Contribute to branch meetings and culture
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Account opening and maintenance
- Teller transaction processing
- In-bound and out-bound call handling
- Referrals to business partners
- Consumer loan applications and closings
- Promote products and services based on customer's needs
- Branch opening and closing
- Perform notary public service
- Assist team in achieving branch goals
Through specific on-going training, you will gain knowledge of and adhere to BSA, USA Patriot Act, AML, obtain and maintain NMLS and Notary Public.
Formal Education and Credentials
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of two years bank customer contact or retail sales experience
- Bilingual applicants preferred but no required
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language
- Personal computer skills with extended viewing of computer screens
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (fax, copier, telephone) Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches Willing and able to work required overtime
Come Rise With Us!
Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations are available.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA