Mortgage Lender/Mortgage Officer
About Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis' largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
- St. Louis is our home
- Your Success is our goal
- We build community one relationship at a time
Why a Mortgage Lender with Midwest BankCentre?
As a Mortgage Lender you will generate mortgage applications while providing an above expectations customer experience. This is done through fostering relationships through a personal network of clients, realtors as well as referrals from MBC employees. MBC's above expectations customer experience is delivered by meeting the terms and convenience conveyed by the client, whether it is at a branch or at a preferred location. Mortgage Lenders at Midwest BankCentre interact frequently with all employees at all levels up to and including the CEO. As such, candidates with strong sales, communication both written and verbal abilities are highly desired.
Mortgage Lenders must be able to:
- Demonstrate active listening and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at many different levels (client, senior leaders, peers and employees)
- Strong sales capabilities both in-person and phone
- Demonstrate a high-level of emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
- One-year experience in financial services/mortgage industry
- Ability to effectively read, write, and speak the English language
- Auditory ability to use a telephone
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport file and operate general office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, computer, etc.)
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches
May require weekend and evening hours
Come Rise With Us!
Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations are available.