Deposit Operations Support Associate
About Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis' largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
- St. Louis is our home
- Your Success is our goal
- We build community one relationship at a time
Deposit Operations Support Associate I
VP Deposit Operations
Objectives of this Role
- Work as a team with other Deposit Operations employees to complete daily tasks, demonstrating respect and professionalism, being prompt, and supporting management, departments and customers with special requests as needed
- Embody Midwest BankCentre’s core values: Digital first, Customer Centric, Values Based
- Demonstrate a positive and collaborative attitude in working with internal and external customers
- Work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally with internal and external contacts
- Multi-task and prioritize tasks with time constraints
- Strong dedication to accuracy and good organizational skills
- Have an understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to minimize/ eliminate potential loss
- Exception item processing (stop suspects, un-posted deposit items, NSF items and returns, POS Pay items)
- Review, process and update daily reports
- Respond to inquiries such as government reclamation notices and account verifications
- Perform CIF and account maintenance such as deposit adjustments, set up and maintain AFTs, renewals of CDs and IRAs, provisioning mobile wallet
- Process ACH, debit card and check disputes
- Statement processing/maintenance, including returned mail
- Perform supporting tasks for electronic banking products and debit cards
- Process incoming teller files, foreign checks and lockbox items
- General ledger entry and reconcilement
- Daily review of department maintenance for accuracy
- Provide backup to all other Deposit Operations Support Associates
- Remain current on all required bank, department and regulatory training
- Assist in ACH Processing
- Assist in Wire transfer processing
- Assist with research in response to subpoenas/court orders/legal requests
- Complete service events, track its and special projects as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
·Customer Centric Focus
·Diversity and Inclusion
·Act with Integrity
·Collaboration and Teamwork
Skills and Qualifications
·High School Diploma; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
·General business knowledge and 1-3 years banking experience preferred
·Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language, bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
·Personal computer skills with extended viewing of computer screens
·Proficient with core banking systems and Microsoft Office products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA