About Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis' largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
- St. Louis is our home
- Your Success is our goal
- We build community one relationship at a time
Why a Credit Analyst with Midwest BankCentre?
As a Commercial Credit Analysts analyze financial data and interpret their findings in order to make informed credit risk decisions. This is done through in-depth cash flow analysis, personal and corporate tax analysis, collateral valuation, industry research, and a thorough understanding of sound lending practices. Commercial Credit Analysts at Midwest BankCentre interact frequently with Commercial Loan Officers and Senior Leadership, often attending sales calls with Loan Officers and presenting their findings at weekly Executive Loan Committee meetings. The goal at Midwest BankCentre is to train and develop our analysts into successful Commercial Loan Officers. As such, candidates with strong analytical, written, and verbal abilities are highly desired, along with a high level of emotional intelligence. Training will be provided for entry-level and experienced candidates to build their analytical abilities, understanding of Midwest BankCentre loan policy and credit risk profile, and inter-personal skills to help facilitate growth and long-term success.
Credit Analyst must be able to:
- Complete a thorough, in-depth analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals and annual relationship reviews. Recommend risk rating changes when analysis merits.
- Deliver meaningful, detailed credit analysis while providing efficient, timely service to loan officers.
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions for lenders on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Report to the Risk Manager findings that may have an adverse effect on loan collateral or a borrower’s ability to repay the loan. Will be responsible for submitting required reports as necessary.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify exceptions to policy.
- Work with loan officers to anticipate, identify and collect documents needed for efficient, and timely approvals on new and existing credits.
- Provide technical advice or other assistance to loan officers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year University, three or more year’s financial/accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 16-hours of accounting coursework.
- Ability to effectively read, write, and speak the English language.
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport file and operate general office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, computer, etc.)
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches, and possibly out of state for training
Come Rise With Us!
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA