Employment Services Supervisor (Community Health Center)
MHC Healthcare is seeking an Employment Services Supervisor to join our Behavioral Health team at the MHC Counseling and Wellness Center, located in the heart of Marana, AZ. The Employment Services Supervisor coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of a continuum of employment and vocational services throughout the behavioral health system. MHC Healthcare is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC), with 16 sites in Tucson and Pima County. MHC Healthcare is building a world-class integrated health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and focused on improving health outcomes for our patients.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Counseling, or related field
- 4 years’ experience working with adults and youth in transition in a behavioral health (BH) care or vocational training environment
- 2 years’ experience supervising staff
- Provisional licensure with AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (ex. Licensed Associate Counselor – LAC, or Licensed Master Social Worker – LMSW)
- Experience in behavioral health or educational setting with at-risk youth or adults
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- First Aid certification
- Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Current Arizona driver’s license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance (39-month MVR will be run by MHC)
- Experience with the AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) health plans and related community resources
- Independent licensure with AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (ex. Licensed Associate Counselor – LAC, or Licensed Master Social Worker – LMSW)
This position has the following supervisory responsibility:
Supervises and monitors performance for an assigned group of employees. Supervisory duties include providing input on hiring and disciplinary actions, overseeing work assignments and quality, scheduling and timekeeping, performance evaluations, and training and development.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Computer proficient, to include MS Office.
- Knowledge of State, and ACC requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of current versions of DSM and ICD.
- Thorough knowledge of vocational of employment skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Rehabilitation Services Administration, eligibility criteria, and programs and services.
- Must be knowledgeable about national, state, and local job market trends.
- Ability to cultivate a culture of respect and service excellence through professionalism, skilled communication, and demonstrated commitment to integrity, trust, respect, and equity.
- Proven effective leadership with demonstrated ability to effectively direct, delegate, motivate, and build high-performing, collaborative teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to all Job Coaches, Employment Specialists, and Work Adjustment Training (WAT) program trainees.
- Ensures coordination and provision of employment services with the AHCCCS health plans in accordance with the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) or Interagency Service Agreement (ISA).
- Researches and implements employment best practices and collaborates with the other MHC staff in clinical operations relevant to recovery and employment services development, implementation, and strategic planning.
- Conducts needs assessments and coordinates long-range program planning of employment, vocational services, and recovery within the Marana and greater Tucson service areas.
- Develops and implements employment strategic plans, including the possibility of attaining various grants, facilitating additional employment and training opportunities.
- Works with other MHC departments and staff to ensure coordination toward employment goals, service development, and utilization within MHC providers and with community employers and businesses.
- Ensures employment strategic goals and recovery are aligned with MHC, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), and ACC mission and goals, and oversees the Job Development and Retention contract with RSA.
- Promotes networking among ACC representatives and providers in support of employment program development, effective monitoring and evaluation procedures, ensuring contract compliance, and ensuring these programs promote recovery.
- Monitors employment and vocational contracts and deliverables in the development of effective evaluation procedures to ensure the realization of program goals and contract compliance.
- Establishes links with employers and businesses that provide employment opportunities for MHC members, thereby expanding employment choices.
- Explores opportunities for partnerships between the providers and businesses in the region.
- Compiles outcomes data and information to be used to improve service delivery.
- Assists in the development and implementation of educational opportunities for members to increase education and employment skill set, and to develop a career track.
- Represents MHC at local and state meetings and participates in site visits.
- Serves as liaison between MHC and ACC and maintains familiarity with initiatives related to employment and vocational rehabilitation services, with AHCCCS, and other statewide programs.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of training activities for MHC staff in designated program areas.
- Participates in various internal planning and monitoring groups to ensure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Prepares a variety of administrative reports as needed or requested.
- Acts as a willing and effective liaison between BH and other MHC Departments, staff, and community members to promote trust, productivity, and growth as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model of care.
- Works in tandem with MHC Foundation management for effective and smooth daily operations of the café and the resale store with employees, job coaches, and trainees.
- Interacts effectively with community members and other agency personnel to promote trust, productivity, and growth.
- Utilizes appropriate channels for reporting, discussing, and solving problems or concerns.
- Participates as a productive member of the BH team through departmental meetings, client case reviews, staff development, and policy and procedure development.
- Assumes responsibility for understanding guidelines and procedures for contracts related to the employment services program and requests clarification as necessary.
- Observes and maintains knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and proactively requests clarification when necessary.
- Maintains general behavioral health and education standards and keeps abreast of BH and educational trends by reading and attending training and workshops as appropriate and indicated in staff development plan.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all State, ACC, and MHC policies and procedures required for duties and employment services.
- Mentors and counsels team members who are not meeting required standards.
- Uses appropriate incident reporting procedures when documenting unsafe or problematic incidents involving patients, clients, and staff, and completes Incident Report accurately and follows procedures completely.
- Develops partnerships with employers and businesses and Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) to provide competitive and customized employment opportunities for members.
- Ensures effective service delivery and utilizes employment outcomes to monitor progress of employment development.
- Implements employment best practices and protocols.
- Promotes recovery in the development and implementation of goals and services.
As an employee of MHC Healthcare, we share in a very strong mission: Dedication to providing Service Excellence in Promoting Health and Well Being. To support this mission in our community, MHC Healthcare believes it must start at home. Therefore, employees have many opportunities to care for our health and wellness with benefits such as:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short-term disability and other benefits
- Paid time off (including holidays/vacation/sick leave/community service)
- Paid bereavement and jury duty
- Employee discount for medical services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Job Family Behavioral Health
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- MHC Counseling and Wellness Center, 13395 N. Marana Main St., Marana, Arizona, United States of America