Purchasing Agent - Materials Management
Job Requisition No.: 27 (Ceridian)
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Materials Management
The Purchasing Agent completes all activities associated with procurement of
materials and supplies. This person applies the necessary Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations, State of Wisconsin Procurement Law and Milwaukee County Ordinances to purchases. This position also authorized and administers contracts that are necessary to maintain the operation of the transit system. Purchases range from small dollar to millions of dollars.
- Issue Bids and RFPs for the Milwaukee County Transit System.
- Make daily purchases as assigned. Support assigned departments.
- Follow FTA Circular 4220.1F, State of WI procurement laws and Milwaukee County Ordinances, and Department policy and procedures.
- Monitor blanket contract spreadsheet assignments and assure that assigned contracts do not lapse.
- Work with Departments to obtain specifications as needed. Set deadlines for Departments as needed.
- Solicit prices from vendors, establish lead-times for products, monitor deliveries, conduct procurement negotiations, process critical stock sheet orders in a timely fashion.
- Work with Stores to adjust inventory when needed, process RMAs as needed, return Cores and, handle claims with vendors involving replacement of defective material or invoice discrepancies.
- Monitor the requisition system to ensure parts/service are ordered as assigned.
- Conduct job site tours, walk throughs and inspections as needed for bids or RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, public administration, economics, engineering or a related field or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing, contract development, contract administration, material control or related experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and Experience with RFPs and bids that have resulted in million-dollar purchases is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the FTA Circular 4220.1F, the FAR and the Master Agreement is desired.
- Knowledge and past experience with Transit Administration (FTA) purchases is desired.
- Skill in computerized purchasing/inventory/disbursement systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and practical judgement skills
- Ability to perform in an environment involving strict attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- A flexible self-starter with the ability to think critically and handle multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain an excellent work and attendance record.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Ability to effectively provide both oral and written communications requirement good verbal expression, satisfactory hearing and eyesight, clarity sufficient to read.
- Must be able to wear NIOSH approved safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Must be able to grasp with hands, twist wrists and use arms to push, pull, hold and carry.
The above are general requirements that must be met for consideration. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of job qualifications or job duties. A physical exam and Pre-Placement Functional Test may be administered prior to job award, allowing applicants to demonstrate their ability to the minimum requirements for this position.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Milwaukee, WI, USA