Medical Assistant Float
About the Job:
The Medical Assistant Float is responsible for providing support to all DMG corporate clinics as assigned, which may consist of both front and back office functions. The Medical Assistant will be based at the DMG CRS Clinic, and will travel to clinics as needed.
What You Will Do
- Prepares patients for examination and assisting physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Completes all CLIA/Waived testing as ordered by provider and documents in log and EMR.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, patient history, documents chief complaint and all actions taken.
- Administers and documents vaccines as ordered by the provider.
- Prepares patient charts in advance of appointments according to clinic guidelines.
- Assists physicians, residents and/or licensed nursing personnel and clinical staff as needed.
- Performs basic patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, preparations may include administering medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a prescribing provider.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Review patient medications, and calls in patient prescriptions as needed
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is scanned and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Document in Electronic Medical Record patient-related communication and interventions.
- Patient phone calls for appointment reminders completed and documented in EMR according to clinic guidelines.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas between patients, the end of the day and any time visibly dirty.
- Daily monitoring and response to voice mail, desktop and flag/alerts
- Checks patients in and out of the office.
- Answers phones, retrieves messages and returns phone calls.
- Verify patient insurance information at each encounter.
- Scans insurance cards, supplies new patient information forms to be completed, enters new patient information into system.
- Scans any documents related to patient into the patient chart in appropriate location
- Updates patient information, ensuring all records are current when following up/interacting with patients.
- Schedule appointments, may obtain prior authorization for office visits.
- Obtains financial information regarding patients from various sources to obtain payment plan agreements, charity care, Medicare coverage, alternative financing and verifies coverage.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You Will Bring to the Role
- Knowledge of the heath care field, medical terminology, and medical office protocol.
- Knowledge of computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work flow
- Able to apply a solution oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service, time management, and organizational skills.
- Skilled in understanding patient education needs and effectively communicate that information to patients.
- Knowledge and ability to work with special needs patients.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant diploma or certificate of completion
- Bilingual-Spanish/English preferred.
- Previous medical assistant experience preferred.
Rate of Pay:
· Mileage reimbursement from/to base clinic
**Bonuses after 6 months and 1 year**
· Valid Driver’s License
· Clean Motor Vehicle Record
· Vehicle Insurance
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Friday, April 16, 2021
- 3141 N 3rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA