Join our team! We’re a bunch of fun, hard-working folks who live to offer excellent service to our customers and support each other. Even with 28 years in the business, we still operate like a start-up... entrepreneurial spirit, open door policy, no bureaucracy, fast decision-making… Come meet us and see how we can advance your career. LSO is the largest regional parcel carrier in the Southwest.
The Schedules Supervisor role is a support position that focuses on operational service level improvement, EBITDA improvement, and general process improvement. The role performs analysis as requested by Executives and the Operations team. As a Business Analyst you are expected to acquire knowledge of all facets of the business to be able to present accurate analytical findings and other value added insights.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The below listed
duties are not all inclusive. This
position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
- Setup COPS (back office application) for all new account startups, acquisitions, and integrations in Nashville.
- Take and complete all financial, operational, and service related analytical requests for the Nashville branch.
- Complete P&L research and develop reporting that will allow the Nashville team to manage and analyze specific P&L items more efficiently.
- Audit company data as requested by the business team.
- Process customer bids (RFPs) and collaborate with Sales and Executives to assist with adding new business.
- Perform route audits and other various reviews of Nashville service center costs to identify EBITDA improvements. Propose those findings to management team and assist with implementation.
- Assist with creating, implementing, and auditing Standard Operating Procedures for the business.
- Work with teammates to provide assistance during startups, training, and other initiatives
- Supervise and train all scheduling personnel.
- Attend weekly branch supervisors meeting.
- Ensure daily route coverage with correct vehicle type.
- Evaluate and adjust routed activity on a daily basis to meet required service levels.
- Work closely with Corporate Support Services (CSS) Department to ensure costs are in line and are approved prior to updating scheduled tickets.
- Communicate updated route changes to CSS daily so changes to route database can be made.
- Ensure drivers have updated route sheets on a daily basis.
- Manage driver non-availability requests to ensure adequate coverage on a daily
basis and complete route coverage sheet for the following day.
- Monitor next-flight-out financial work and communicate any problems with solutions to customers and branch personnel.
- Collect, account for and file all completed route documentation as soon as available but no less than weekly.
- Fulfill requested confirmations, route sheets, etc. to the customer.
- Print out route check-in sheet for dispatch each night and ensure dispatch has access to updated route sheets.
- Secure, assign and track keys and keycards for applicable customers.
- Coordinate and assist with Fleet Ops Coordinator for Owner Operator orientation and enter commission tickets.
- Complete scheduled Owner Operator commission adjustments and send to the accounting department at the corporate office.
- Work with CSS to innovate new processes and procedures that increase efficiency, service levels and profitability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Required: Logistics, Business Management, Management Information Systems or
Required: Must have strong analytical
skills, be self-motivated, self-managed and be able to lead projects through completion. Also must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and some experience in T-SQL. Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and SharePoint or willingness to learn the software is preferred. Must be able to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Permanent
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 3440 Briley Park Blvd N, Nashville, TN 37207, USA