Responsible for supervising dispatch personnel and ensures the dispatching of on demand runs. Ensures quality service is provided to each customer. Focuses on maintaining the highest possible percentage of on-time deliveries. Performs operational duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director to ensure timely completion of special projects. Responds to and reports all security and policy violations to the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The below listed duties are not all inclusive. This position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
1. Supervise, schedule, and train all dispatch personnel.
2. Complete weekly performance reports.
3. Attend weekly branch supervisors meeting.
4. Know Policies and Procedures for Owner Operators and communicate performance expectations and goals to Owner Operators.
5. Ensure Owner Operators adhere to proper sign on procedures.
6. Dispatch all on demand runs, planning and assigning pick-ups to maximize productivity and customer service.
7. Support the Owner Operators in their efforts to complete runs.
8. Ensure delivery times are met according to the customer’s expectations.
9. Anticipate problems and eliminate them through effective planning.
10. Communicate the situation to the customer when a delivery time cannot be met or a significant problem develops during the course of a run. Explain how the situation is being resolved to the customer. Immediately report the situation to the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director.
11. Ensure proper airport procedures are followed.
12. Review and correct any incorrect information in the system in each order.
13. Closely monitor low-producing or marginal Owner Operators.
14. Respond to service failures and immediately report them to the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director.
15. Maintain close communication with the scheduling department on scheduled activity to ensure good start-ups of new activity and smooth transitions on changed activity.
16. Assist Customer Service Representatives in answering incoming calls and entering runs into the system as necessary.
17. Dispatch for other branch locations when scheduled or when necessary.
18. Complete documentation/reporting as prescribed by the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director.
19. Process miscellaneous projects and tasks as prescribed by the Branch Manager and/or Regional Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education Required: High school diploma.
Experience Required: 2 years’ supervisory experience and four years’ dispatch experience preferred.
Abilities Required: Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to handle a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. Must be able to read and understand a roadmap. Extensive knowledge of the city’s streets and zip codes required. Must have a professional demeanor with customers, Owner Operators, and office personnel in person and on the telephone.
Full time benefits that include:
· Short term disability
· Paid holidays and vacation
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA