Loomis is seeking highly qualified fleet mechanics to join the #1 Armored Car provider in the country.
Essential Job Functions
· Service and repair of all fleet vehicles.
· Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil change, replace belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires, on all size vehicles.
· Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical, engine and electrical irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
· Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing, transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts
· Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE FUNCTIONS REQUIRES:
· Ability to read and understand technical service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges (in English).
· Ability to write work orders, purchase orders.
· Ability to communicate verbally (in English) using telephone for ordering parts and supplies.
· Possession of valid driver’s license and ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs. in size.
· Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
· Ability to lift and hold parts (weighing up to 100 lbs.) in position while lying on back in horizontal position on concrete floor.
· Work is performed in a semi-enclosed structure and outdoors. Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel fumes and intermittent high noise exposure. 90% of work performed in climate controlled environment.
schedule consists of an average of 40 hours per week for a 5-day period Monday-Friday 6:30am-3pm. No weekends required. All major Holidays off.
#Fleet #Mechanic #Madison #Wisconsin #Loomis
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $24.00
- Required Education High School
- Madison, WI, USA