Loomis seeks highly qualified individuals to join the #1 Armored Car provider in the country and become an Armed Driver Guard/Messenger.
Loomis Armed Driver Guard/Messengers are responsible for providing security and transportation for all of our customer’s assets. Armed Driver Guard/Messenger must practice heightened security protocol and safety procedures, provide outstanding customer service, and demonstrate competence ensuring accuracy in all delivery and receipt of cargo. Driver/Guards must also show exceptional skills in monitoring of surroundings.
*Preferred Chauffeurs License*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Driving automatic and/or standard shift vehicles from 8,000 to 36,000 pounds a minimum of 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, in accordance with a designated route, making stops at a minimum of 30 customer locations.
• Servicing ATM machines on a set schedule, including re-supplying replenishing, retrieving deposits, and monetarily balancing the machine.
• Picking up/delivering customer change orders/deposits carrying a minimum of 50 pounds by hand or up to several hundred pounds by cart, a minimum of 30 stops per day for a minimum of 4-5 hours, 5 days per week.
• Loading/unloading vehicle cargo consisting of multiple bags and boxes of coins, weighing as much as 50 pounds per item, 5-6 days per week.
• Counting items, recording amounts and serial numbers, signing and dating receipts and manifests, sorting individual cargo items by route.
• Other duties assigned. PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to repeatedly perform heavy lifting and carrying items by hand in an unrestricted manner for covering significant distances (several yards).
• Ability to push/pull dollies/carts loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
• Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in accordance with Driver Physical Qualifications established by the US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
• Full-time schedule possibly consisting of an average of 50 hours/week.
• Full-time work at a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
• Approximately 90-95 percent of work performed in vehicle within individual compartments (front and rear).
• Exposure to wet and dry conditions, extreme heat and cold, constant vehicle and traffic noise and possibly to gasoline/diesel fumes.
- Job Family DOT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Madison, WI, USA