Scientific Curator at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology
The Sette Lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is an interdisciplinary team of scientists working towards understanding, preventing and curing immune-related diseases. As part of these operations, the Immune Epitope Database and Analysis Resource (IEDB), a freely available online resource supported by NIAID, was founded in 2003.
There is an opening for a full time Scientific Curator to join our team.
The IEDB contains vast data on B and T cell epitopes for humans, non-human primates, rodents, and other animal species from infectious diseases, allergens, autoimmune diseases, and transplantation. The Curator is responsible for contributing to the population of this data into the database through the curation of scientific literature. Duties include interpreting scientific articles to extract relevant data and entering these data into the database for access by the scientific community.
Candidates possessing the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- A PhD degree in immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, or related field
- Strong experience in the field of adaptive immunology
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, cancer biology and immunology is highly desired
- Ability to interpret and dissect scientific research articles for pertinent data
- Strong attention to detail
- High computer proficiency, especially with respect to word processing and excel spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work in an independent, efficient and highly productive manner
The position allows for flexible work hours with the option to work remotely. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full time employment includes medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
How to apply:
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA