Clinical Studies Coordinator
The Clinical Studies Coordinator will be an integral part of the Clinical Studies Core and will work closely with a variety of research teams to facilitate the recruitment, screening and enrollment of volunteers to participate in research studies at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI). Duties include but are not limited to: recruiting subjects; screening for eligibility; scheduling subjects’ visits; conducting study visits as laid out in approved protocols; collecting and entering research data; maintaining accurate and complete clinical research files; off-site study coordination.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties: (100%)
- Work closely with scientific research and clinical staff to recruit participants for research studies through advertisement creation and marketing strategies and by working with study personnel at different study sites.
- Field potential participants contacts and questions regarding study participation and screen potential participants for study eligibility (basic medical knowledge).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to perform participant recruitment in person, in writing, and on the telephone.
- Work closely with the Clinical Studies Core and LJI labs to schedule on-site and off-site study appointments, including blood draws, lymph node fine needle aspirations, cognition exams, etc. and if certified, perform study procedures.
- Maintain accurate and secure records, ensuing protection of volunteer confidentiality and the accuracy of data utilized in research.
- Obtain informed consent and ensure study compliance with IRB protocols, SOP’s, and established company policies.
- Participate in research team meetings and assist with preparation of donor enrollment summaries and/or presentations as required.
- Develop and maintain collaborative ties with local and regional institutes, clinics, and any facilities related to LJI research projects.
- Obtain Human Subjects Protections certification through our online certification course and maintain current on all Human Subject Protections regulations and updates.
- Associate’s degree (AS/AA) or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility, excellent organizational/communication skills, attention to detail and ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to work on his or her own initiative with limited supervision and prioritize workload, with the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks accurately.
- Requires local travel to off-site study locations.
- General knowledge of scientific and medical terms
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of human subject’s guidelines and the ability to work with individuals and groups of all ages from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Preferred qualifications include any of the following: previous Clinical Coordinator experience, and/or Phlebotomy experience/certification.
How to ApplyInterested applicants please submit your resume to be considered.
- Job Function RA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA