Research Tech II (Saphire)
Responsible for research and development in collaboration with others. Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results. Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and ability to trouble shoot in cloning, construct design
- Understanding and experience in recombinant protein expression from bacteria, insect and mammalian cell lines
- General knowledge of protein chemistry
- Experience in protein purification such as affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography using AKTA system
- Must practice cleanliness/sterile technique
- Must be organized and be able to keep legible, reproducible records
- Highly responsive to e-mails and other communications in a professional manner
- Maintenance of tissue culture rooms
- Replenish stock solutions and materials as needed
- Read manuals and scientific literature, be able to troubleshoot equipment as needed
- Maintain database (proficiency REQUIRED in Microsoft suite: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Assist research projects as required
- Responsibilities include some general lab maintenance
- Requires a BA/BS Degree with two years prior laboratory experience, or an MS Degree with demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for basic biological research
- Pertinent laboratory experience will be favorably considered
How to apply: All interested candidates should upload their resume here.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA