Research Tech I (Rao Lab)
Research Technician I (Rao Lab)
We are seeking a full-time entry-level research technician in the Division of Signaling and Gene Expression at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (San Diego). The candidate will be working with a large team of highly motivated scientists. The position involves managing the day-to-day operations of two adjoining laboratories. Duties include keeping common lab supplies stocked, maintaining a large mouse colony and helping scientists with various projects.
Some of the projects will involve using molecular biology, immunology, flow cytometry, CRISPR, and next-generation sequencing (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq) techniques. Training and mentoring will be provided for the skills and knowledge involved. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated and eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:· Provide support for research and the daily operations of the lab (keeping common lab supplies stocked, keeping inventory, helping with ordering)
· Day-to-day laboratory maintenance and organization (inventory, defrosting freezers, organizing supplies/reagents)
· Mouse husbandry and animal experiments (weaning, inventory)
· Cell culture (making cell media, helping with cell culture experiments)
· Molecular biology (cloning, minipreps)
Qualifications:· Bachelor degree (BS/BA) in biology, molecular biology, or related field
· Organized, diligent, self-motivated, able to multitask and excellent record-keeping
· Knowledge of molecular biology, mouse handling, cell culture, and immunology techniques (preferred)
· 1 year+ lab experience in academic or industrial settings (preferred)
· Understand and be able to describe previous project(s)
How to apply: All applicants please submit your resume and a minimum of two references.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA