Circulation District Manager
The District Manager supports the company’s overall objectives by planning, directing, and controlling the distribution and service of all products. The District Manager also analyzes area operations from a circulation perspective to ensure consistency with daily and long range planning efforts. This position is responsible for carrier payables, administration, recruiting and advising independent contractors.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS AND CRITERIA:
- Work directly with independent contractors to ensure the daily effective, efficient and timely delivery of newspapers and other related materials.
- Resolve service and interpersonal issues through personal contact with customers, carriers, and supervisors.
- Recruit, screen, select, contract, advice and terminate contracts, when necessary, of independent contract carriers.
- Maintain responsibility for the opening and closing procedures and operations of the distribution center, route management, and the proper distribution of all newspapers, inserts and other related materials to the contract carriers.
- Analyze, process and distribute carrier and district mail and reports.
- Prepare and submit department reports and paperwork in a timely manner using Microsoft Word/Excel programs.
- Ensure all routes are covered.
- Evaluate routes to determine rate and number of subscribers.
- Analyze, design and implement formation of routes on an ongoing basis. The objective being to meet service criteria in the most cost effective manner.
Administer all single copy sales procedures, including collection of company revenue generated from sales.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college preferred but not required.
- Newspaper Circulation or delivery experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory motor vehicle report.
- Job Family Circulation
- Pay Type Salary
- Waco Tribune-Herald, 900 Franklin Ave, Waco, Texas, United States of America
- Waco, TX, USA