BCS- PART TIME PRODUCTION WORKER
The Eagle, 1729 Briarcrest Dr, Bryan, Texas, United States of America Req #4551
Monday, February 1, 2021
A production worker will be responsible for feeding pre-printed materials into an insert machine for CP, daily and Sunday publications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manually stacks and assembles newspapers to prepare for inserting.
- Jogs, straightens, and separates materials to be inserted using an electronic jogger.
- Continually monitors flow of newspapers and/or materials being inserted; stops machine and removes damaged newspapers when necessary; manually feeds materials as necessary.
- Observes trouble light and pushes stop buttons as necessary to avoid machine jams.
- Stacks and/or assembles newspaper bundles; places bundles on skid pallets to facilitate movement of materials and/or unloads from pallets as well as into vehicles from distribution center weighing up to 25 pounds by hand or operating an electric floor jack.
- Cleans work area during and at the end of each work shift including removal of excess newspapers, inserts and debris; and sweeps and empties trash containers.
- Assists the mail table operation and coworkers when necessary.
- The employee is expected to handle all routine tasks while meeting production deadlines through to completion. Ensures proper flow of inserts are fed through inserter and labeling machine in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting faulty equipment and referring unusual situations to the immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for complying with all related safety standards and regulations imposed by the organization and local, state and federal agencies.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Eagle, 1729 Briarcrest Dr, Bryan, Texas, United States of America