The York News-Times Features Reporter uses basic facts to develop compelling, timely and well-sourced stories that accurately reflect the nature of the community or beat the reporter covers. This should be a combination of daily stories and projects undertaken in conjunction with a supervisor. A Features Reporter also ensures that photo and graphics assignments are filed early in the information gathering process and that presentation elements are considered for each story. A Feature Reproter is an entry level position that requires a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or equivalent experience. One to two years experience at a smaller newspaper is preferred. Internships at larger papers and strong college newspaper experience will be highly considered.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate, report and write stories as assigned with primary focus on feature stories within the York News-Times and Advantage coverage area.
- Cover general assignment stories as assigned.
- Required to write one column per week.
- Write special section stories as assigned.
- Write news updates for website as assigned.
- Use social media to promote stories and attract audience.
- Takes photos and video for stories as well as works with others to develop visual and multimedia elements to go with stories.
- On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Safely drive to and from various locations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Family News
- Pay Type Hourly
- York News-Times, 327 N Platte Ave, York, Nebraska, United States of America