Director of Real Estate, Business Analysis and Project Management
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Schedule: Monday- Friday, Flexible, Full Time
The role of a project manager on real estate and construction projects can vary from one project to another. The consistent responsibility of a project manager is to ensure for an on-time and on-budget end result. Before construction begins, the project manager maybe responsible for site selection and due diligence, securing zoning and entitlements, selecting project team members, and creating a schedule and budget; which will lay the foundation for the rest of the project. Once the project is underway, the project manager is the owner’s representative on-site, and it is their job to ensure the project is being built to the owners specifications. As the project progresses from planning to execution the project manager will shift their focus to scheduling contractors, processing payments and managing change orders. Construction and real estate projects require the expertise and a complete knowledge about the real estate and construction processes, recent and relevant experience as well as the ability to work in teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Research and analyze areas of interest to the agency, allowing it to gain competitive advantage.
2. Design, implement, and manage a business development process; integrating internal expertise, research findings, best practices and future trends to identify new, viable agency opportunities.
3. Develop and mentor staff performing work on projects and coach and develop leadership competencies required for future projects.
4. Provide guidance and advice to executive leadership through the development and presentation of business cases; including, justification for approval/rejection and required funding, which support our strategic initiatives and core organizational functions.
5. Upon request, design, develop, implement, manage and evaluate all aspects of projects or programs that drive goal attainment and align with strategic corporate initiatives.
6. Evaluate operations (programs/issues) to determine current/future viability and alignment with current/future industry trends.
7. Direct the procurement and coordination of professional service activities (Architect, Engineers and Urban Designers).
8. Secure financing applications; work with various private, governmental and other financing sources; represent organization at entitlement hearings for various projects (i.e. site plan and building permit approvals); and work with architects, engineers, and construction managers.
9. Serve as liaison for A NEW LEAF'S consulting services to Community Development Corporations for fee-for-service social enterprise opportunities.
10. Direct, oversee and manage all aspects of housing and the real estate development program that A NEW LEAF will engage in furtherance of its mission.
11. Direct the coordination of Public approvals (PUD, Zoning, Urban Renewal Amendments).
12. Serve as staff member of the Board of Director’s Housing Sub Committee.
13. Collaborate with Property Management, Finance, Asset Management, and Development Teams and participate in monthly meetings.
14. Manage various projects including commercial development, residential/affordable housing, and infrastructure improvements including land use planning and zoning; conduct various project feasibility analyses.
15. Prepare and present reports to City Council, Planning Commission and other relevant bodies; and perform other duties as assigned.
16. Drive personal vehicle to conduct agency business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development.
- Five years of real estate development or development project management experience.
- ADOH, Davis Bacon, HUD, CDBG and Various Government policy knowledge
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Mesa, AZ, USA