Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s Dorothy B. Mitchell Counseling Center (DBMCC) offers community-based behavioral health services for youth, adults, and families. Counseling, case management, medication management, and support services are provided throughout Maricopa County.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Flexible, Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Provide individual, group, and/or family counseling in office, home, school, or other community settings in accordance with client/family strengths and needs. Provide varied verbal and physical crisis intervention and counseling.
2. Provide clinical expertise to the Child and Family Team or other collaborative based model, and serve as a point of contact and communication while working in congruence with the team process.
3. Bring Child and Family Team or other collaborative based model together and serve as a facilitator and/or team member of these meetings. Arrange that the service plan is carried out.
4. Complete Assessments, both initial assessment for intake of clients and updated assessment, at least annually, or as clinically indicated to meet client need.
5. Develop Individualized Service Plans.
6. Develop Crisis and Safety plans.
7. Evaluate and continually monitor client/family progress in meeting goals and anticipated outcomes.
8. Provide case management services as needed.
9. Maintain the clinical records in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and A NEW LEAF policy and procedures.
10. Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, statistical reports, daily activities, upcoming events, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program and submit to appropriate personnel.
11. Update complete staffing notes for multi-disciplinary clinical team reviews.
12. Assist or perform duties related to providing and/or monitoring self-administration of medication to clients.
13. Directly responsible to Clinical Supervisor for administrative and clinical issues regarding admission, discharge and utilization management issues, while in conformance with accepted clinical practice and the agency’s program definition and policies.
14. Receive clinical oversight as required by state law and A NEW LEAF policy and procedures.
15. Use ADHS Practice Guidelines and best practices when designing and implementing Child and Family Team or other collaborative base model.
16. Responsible for meeting target encounter values as defined by Clinical Leadership.
17. Must ensure compliance in service delivery expectations as defined in the payer contract.
18. For client services provided in community settings, such as client home or school, must have a reliable form of transportation to get to these sessions.
19. Provide transportation in the agency vehicle as needed for scheduled activities.
20. Assist with program and facility orientation, as needed.
- Master's degree in behavioral health related field
- Associate level or Independent level license with AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (e.g. LAC, LMSW LPC, LCSW, etc)
- None required
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Mesa, AZ, USA