Bilingual Medical Assistant
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Bilingual Medical Assistant
We're looking for highly motived individuals that are passionate in working with children. The role that we are currently looking to fill is a Medical Assistant position. Medical Assistant assist the program and the clients by assessing, facilitating and monitoring all components of client medical services. Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with regulations in policy development and implementation according to State Licensing and ORR, as well as on-going program refinement based on advances in the program.
- Complete reports in a timely manner
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with staff, co-workers, physicians, and clients
- Develop and expand medical, specialty and dental services with local providers.
- Maintain Health Information Privacy HIPAA.
- The ability to maintain control and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Coordinating the staffing of medication errors, significant incident reports and other incidents as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain ongoing partnerships and communication with medical providers and other agencies.
- Respond and comply to individual emergency medical needs immediately.
- Coordinate Health and Dental appointments
- Must be flexible to possible overtime hours.
If you are a highly motivated person with a passion to work with people, this is the job for you.
Information in regards to the position:
Full Time Schedule: Monday to Friday 7am-3pm,
Location: Mesa, AZ
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, accrual of vacation and sick time, Employee Assistance Program, Annual reviews with possible merit increases and other.
- Medical Assistant Certification from accredited program required.
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification from accredited program, preferred.
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Medical Assistant Certified plus 1-year experience working in human services and with population served and 1-year experience working as a medical assistant under an ORR contract
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certified plus 1-year experience working in human services and with population served, preferred; and 1-year experience working as a medical assistant, preferred
- Proficient in Phlebotomy, Lab Draws
- Knowledge of vaccine administration
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA