Bilingual Teachers Aide AM Shift
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Bilingual Teacher Assistant
Position at A New Leaf
We're looking for highly motived individuals that are passionate in working with children. The role that we are currently looking to fill is a Teacher Assistant position. Teacher Assistant assists the program and the clients by providing a supportive and structured environment in the classroom as well as in the common areas. Teacher Assistants are responsible of supervising the children as well as providing the necessary support in the classroom and outside of the classroom. Teacher Assistants complete some of the following tasks:
- Client Supervision
- Assist Teachers with tutoring the clients
- Assists by teaching the class when the teacher is out.
Assist in providing first aid as well as administrating medication when needed.
- Providing clients necessities such as water, food, shelter, and clothing.
- Transporting clients from on facility to another
- Complete reports on a daily basis such as Daily Progress Reports, food logs, water log and other.
- Help maintain the facility clean
Teacher Assistant also assist the Youth Care Worker Department before school and after school in order to meet the clients needs.
- And other tasks
If you are a highly motivated person with a passion to work with people, this is the job for you.
Information in regards to the position:
Full Time Schedule:
- Monday-Friday 6am-2pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, accrual of vacation and sick time, Employee Assistance Program, Annual reviews with possible merit increases and other.
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth
- Basic computer literacy; including, navigating a Microsoft Windows operating system, Outlook email exchange, and online applications.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Provide consistent "line of sight" supervision for clients.
2. Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork regarding client and programmatic activities; including, Significant Incident Reports/ Incident Reports (SIR/ IR), National School Lunch Program (NSLP) logs, and medication logs.
3. Complete client Daily Progress Reports (DPR), daily. Accurately document client participation, behavior and activities through the shift.
4. Assist with the completion of educational assessments.
5. Assist clients in educational classroom, along with providing one-on-one tutoring as necessary.
6. Manage the classroom environment and provide line of sight supervision to students.
7. Model appropriate behavior to the students in the program.
8. Maintain cleanliness of classroom area; including restrooms.
9. Support the implementation of classroom curriculum as guided by Teacher.
10. Assist and monitor client's self-administration of prescribed medication.
11. Maintain communication and perform tasks to assist in promoting the physical and emotional health of clients (i.e. nutrition, etc.)
12. Provide verbal crisis intervention and counseling to clients.
13. Provide for client needs within scope of program practices and policies.
14. Collaborate with Clinical Team to observe, learn, practice, and effectively implement approved therapeutic interventions.
15. Escort exiting clients to airport and flight gate. Support client exit by handling exit documents, picking up client ticket, explaining security check process, and coordinating with airline staff to escort unaccompanied minor.
16. Monitor condition and safety of campus and report any concerns or maintenance issues to supervisors.
17. Assist in welcoming and orienting approved visitors and agency partners to campus.
18. Promote camaraderie thru respectful and open communication, collaboration, team, and accountability.
19. Drive clients to approved scheduled activities (i.e. school, appointments, etc.) in 12-14 passenger van and adhere to Agency driving policy and procedures.
20. Promote collaborative relationships with clients, family members, and stakeholders.
21. Participate in a minimum of 4 hours per month of supervision with a certified or licensed behavioral health professional.
22. Communicate accurately with parents, representatives of placing agencies and/or interested parties as deemed appropriate by agency needs.
23. Wake up clients in the morning and facilitate more hygiene routine .
24. Provide training and guidance to newer team members.
25. Attend and participate in professional growth activities specific to career goals within the agency (i.e. conferences, supervisory trainings, etc.)
26. Represent program at all times, including while on off-site activities.
27. Under the direction of the shift director/manager, implement day-to-day structure to provide non-therapeutic services such as but not limited to, life skills education and training, recreational and social activities, and milieu activities to clients.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA