Bilingual Youth Care Worker
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Bilingual Youth Care Worker
Position at A New Leaf
We're looking for highly motived individuals that are passionate in working with children. The role that we are currently looking to fill is a Youth Care Worker position. Youth Care Workers assist the program and the clients by providing a supportive and structured environment. Youth Care Workers are responsible of supervising the children as well as providing the necessary support. Youth care Workers complete some of the following tasks:
- Client Supervision
- Complete intakes upon client arrival
- Assist teachers during school hours
- Providing clients necessities such as water, food, shelter, and clothing.
- Assist in providing first aid as well as administrating medication when needed.
- Transporting clients from one facility to another, Medical appointments and outings.
- Complete reports on a daily basis such as Daily Progress Reports, food logs, water log and other.
- Help maintain the facility clean
- And other tasks
If you are a highly motivated person with a passion to work with people, this is the job for you.
Information in regards to the position:
Full Time Schedule:
- Monday-Friday 6am-2pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, accrual of vacation and sick time, Employee Assistance Program, Annual reviews with possible merit increases and other.
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth
- Basic computer literacy; including, navigating a Microsoft Windows operating system, Outlook email exchange, and online applications.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, March 29, 2021
- Mesa, AZ, USA