Homeless Shelter Administrative Assistant
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (Responsibilities will include but not limited to):
1. Attend and actively contribute to weekly staff and training meetings, as well as the training of new staff members
2. Develops and maintains records and files in an organized accurate manner.
3. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
4. Performs clerical and administrative duties for program staff including filing, typing, drafting and preparing correspondence and a variety of reports.
5. Must be detailed, organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time, and possess an understanding of basic office equipment
6. Process incoming calls, screen, research and respond to requests, refer calls to appropriate personnel and retrieve voice mail, as well as disperse mail.
7. Notifies staff as to meetings and/or trainings available and dates, along with agency compliance requirements and other pertinent information.
8. Assist with assurance of compliance with licensing
entities and accreditation organizations.
9. Orders and maintains office and program supply inventory. Acts as a resource for various office equipment (i.e. printer, copier, fax, etc.).
10. Assist with maintaining program procedure manual.
11. Complete all data entry for client intake procedures and maintain therapist scheduling as designated by program.
12. Generate applicable monthly reports as dictated by program needs
13. Assist program staff with special projects including data gathering, data analysis and summary reporting.
14. Receives and assists visitors and telephone callers,
screens and prioritizes calls, assists visitors or callers whenever possible or
directs to the appropriate individual or department.
15. Receive client care supervision as required by state law and A New Leaf policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- One (1) year of clerical and/or administrative experience
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred
- Knowledge of Community Resources preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Mesa, AZ, USA